- This event has passed.
Pi Day + The Growth of R in the Actuarial Profession
March 14 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm UTC+0
This meeting will be at a new venue: PeopleSpace in Irvine! From now on, we will be meeting every second Thursday of the month at PeopleSpace.
– Thursday, March 14th, 6:30-8:30pm
6:30 – Check-in and Networking
7:00 – Announcements + Pi Day Activity
7:30 – The Growth of R in the Actuarial Profession
8:30 – Meeting Adjourned
– Speaker: Tommy Steed, FSA
– Title: The Growth of R in the Actuarial Profession
– Abstract: This presentation will begin by giving some background on the actuarial profession. The focus of this discussion will be around how the use of R has grown, and will continue to grow in the actuarial profession. I will also discuss how the actuarial profession might be a good way for some to break into the data science field.
– Parking is free and in the back of the building or on the street.
– Extension cords and outlet strips will be provided to power your devices.
– Free WiFi will also be provided, and the username/pass will be posted throughout the venue.
– Slides and a recording of the talk will be sent out and posted on our GitHub after the event.
Food & Freebies
– Healthy snacks, pie(!!!), and water will be provided.
– Free tidyverse, NASA, and Microsoft Developer Advocates stickers will also be given out.