- This event has passed.
Introduction to R Markdown
February 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+0
It’s time for our first meetup of 2019.
Join us for a 1.5-hour introductory workshop on using RMarkdown to create reproducible reports. Raissa Philibert will be leading the workshop. Raissa works as an environmental consultant and has developed automated reports for environmental monitoring projects using RMarkdown. In this workshop, we will go over the basics of RMarkdown and a few tips and tricks.
To confirm your spot, please get a ticket on eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-r-markdown-tickets-55318044761?aff=meetup
About the workshop & instructions:
-Please expect a hands-on session in a friendly and laid-back atmosphere where we all encouraged to learn together.
– All levels are welcome, but be prepared that we created this with beginners in mind. You should be familiar with R and RStudio.
– Install R: https://mirror.its.sfu.ca/mirror/CRAN/
– Install RStudio (choose the Desktop version): https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
– Install Rmarkdown. You can easily install R Markdown like any other R package, just run this code: install.packages(“rmarkdown”)
– Pack your laptop, drink and a snack
MEGA thanks to Unbounce for hosting us.
1. Get a ticket via eventbrite to guarantee a spot. Feel free to RSVP here, but we use eventbrite for spot bookings. Get your ticket here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-r-markdown-tickets-55318044761?aff=meetup
2. Bring your LAPTOP
3. If this is your first R-Ladies event, please take a moment to review our R-Ladies Global code of conduct: https://github.com/rladies/starter-kit/wiki/Code-of-Conduct
4. Who is this allowed to attend the workshop?
Everyone is welcome to join us at our events and to be a part of our mission to empower gender minorities with the skills and knowledge to code in one of the top programming language in data science, which is R.
To fulfill this mission we do ask participants to respect a focus on the encouragement and support for women and non-binary people during our events.
See you there!
Anna, Raissa, Marion, & Lisa