- This event has passed.
Basics of machine learning with R
October 23 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+0
The meetup is hosted by Vincenzo Lagani, post-doc researcher at the University of Crete and co-founder of Gnosis Data Analysis. His main research interest is devising machine learning and statistical algorithms, and their applications on a variety of fields, including biology, clinical and business data.
The meetup will focus on predictive analytics (classification), decision tree learners and neural networks (deep learning).
The talk will last ~90 minutes, during which Vincenzo will also show how to analyze a dataset in R.
After that the attendees should have ~30 minutes to repeat the analysis on a second dataset.
Approximate outline of the meetup:
1) Data mining, machine learning and statistics: putting concepts into context
2) Overview of machine learning tasks: classification, clustering, feature selection, association rules, etc.
3) Focus on classification: decision trees and neural networks
4) The importance of being honest: avoid overfitting at all costs!
5) Analyzing the MNIST dataset with decision trees and neural networks in R
6) Hands-on: analyzing the Iris dataset
შეხვედრას უმასპინძლებს ვინჩენცო ლაგანი, რომელიც ისაუბრებს Machine learning-ზე. შეხვედრა ჩატარდება ინგლისურ ენაზე.